Don't spend your summer in boredom! Here are ways to find great books this summer.
LISD Library Summer Hours
Middle-school level books will be available for summer check-out at Rouse HS and Steiner Ranch Elem. during June and July.
Steiner Ranch Elementary Hours: Mon. & Wed. 9 am - 12 pm
Rouse High School Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Click HERE for more summer information.
Borrow E-Books on Overdrive from LISD's Title Collection
For directions, visit the Accessing Online Books LibGuide Page.
Summer Reading Programs
Local public libraries:
Book People, Downtown Austin.
Barnes & Noble, Read to earn a free book, through 6th grade.
Half Price Books- Read 300 minutes and submit your reading log for a free gift card.
Download Free E-Books
Wattpad is popular with teens. All types of topics, many by new authors.
A long list of more free e-books on Gizmo's Freeware.
Download Free Audiobooks
AudioSync.com has some great selections, but for limited times--Hurry!
Tons of free audio books on Gizmo's Freeware.
Summer Library Services
EXTRA LIBRARY BOOKS FOR SUMMER!
Hey,Cougars, have you kept a clear library account this school year? If so, you can check up to 10 RBMS Library books to read over the summer! Just...
- *Print or pick up a parent permission slip from the library, get it signed, and return it to Ms. Brooks.
- Choose up to 10 library books Tues.-Thurs. of the last week of school.
- Take them home and ENJOY!
8th GRADE PRE-AP LANGUAGE ARTS SUMMER INFORMATION
HERE are the Summer Reading Assignments. It is highly recommended that you secure a personal copy of your chosen book so you can notate it as you read.
9th GRADE PRE-AP SUMMER INFORMATION
Due to the elevated content, we do not own all 9th grade selections, but they are on LISD Overdrive e-books.
HERE are 9th grade book trailers.
High Schools also have some of the 9th Grade selections in Destiny as electronic books.
Click to learn how to read/download an e-book using Destiny.
POPULAR AUDIO BOOKS- FREE DOWNLOADS!
These are only available for limited times in May-August. Download great audio books for FREE to KEEP! Click HERE for more info!
CHECKING YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL AND LIBRARY ACCOUNT
You can check your own library account as often as you like:
>Go to the RBMS home page
>Click on Library on the left side
>Click on Destiny Catalog
>Click the Login button in the right top corner
>Sign in with your usual LISD credentials
>Click the My Info tab
You will be able to see what you have checked out, when they are due and the status of any holds. You may also renew each item ONE TIME online, if there are no holds on it, or it is not yet overdue.
1. From your browser, click Google Student Login bookmark in the bookmark banner. (Under the URL & search bars.)
2. Your username is your first name, period, last name and last 2 digits of your student number, followed by @k12.leanderisd.org.
3. Enter password-- the same as your computer login password.
4. Click on the square with smaller gray squares in the upper right corner (Google apps icon).
5. Choose Gmail icon. Your email will load right away.
1. Get to Google Drive. You can search for that in Google.
(Recommended: Then add as a bookmark).
2. Follow Steps 2-5 above.
REMINDER: You can only send to and receive from Leander ISD students and employees using LISD email.